I expect this blog to be read by sisters only... So if you were a brother: "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah " (Surah: Maryam, Ayah: 18)

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Happy Birthday, Baby Leo!

Ok...
So in the midst of all of the incidents in our family, my son has turned one year old on October 29th, 2015 :-)


So good bye baby Leo, and welcome toddler Leo!

We did not actually "celebrate"... I invited my in-laws and my family. I baked a yummy banana cake and made a carrot-cream tart and we bought some other goodies, and the family came in and brought some gifts.

My in-laws have brought one of the most awesome gifts: two birdies :-D and now we officially have pets!

Please meet Almond and Peanut:


My son is fond of birds. And cars. And the gifts for his birthday revolved around these two LoL

The best part is when my son is in one of his night-time breast-feedings and the birdies happen to be awake and in the mood for singing (they wake up at the first signs of dawn, even before the light starts to spread). My son becomes suddenly aware with his eyes wide open and glowing in the dark, he smiles excitedly and starts whispering his excitement murmurs that sound like "hesss... hesss..." and pointing his tiny finger towards the bedroom door :-)

And on a side not, I am -for the first time since very long ago- on diet. Oooooh, yes... I have cut down sugar, carbs and fat. I reached a state where my closet is full of clothes smaller than my current size, but I am stuck with a couple of pieces that fit me now. I need more clothes. And I know for sure that if I buy clothes that fit my current size I will never be back in shape. So enough is enough! I have put aside two pairs of pants that date back to the good old days when we ere engaged, and decided that I will not stop the diet until I am able again of wearing them :-D

That's all for today...

Stay safe! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweet little lion cub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sweet friend :-)
      I really want very much to show you my baby Leo! I wish there was a way to put a photo here and control who sees it and who does not!

      Delete