I expect this blog to be read by sisters only... So if you were a brother: "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah " (Surah: Maryam, Ayah: 18)

Monday, August 17, 2015

Growing Little Muslims

How to raise your Muslims child?

Be a good Muslim, and he will take you as an example. Easy.

How to introduce your child to the concept of "Allah"?

That was the controversial issue for me. When to start? How much details to give? How to answer their unexpected questions?



I remember my sister telling me about her daughter when she was four years old and at her KG they started to teach them about "Allah". They taught him that Allah is the creator of the universe. They taught them that Allah creates, but man makes. For a while, she kept asking about almost every thing: "Mom, did Allah create this table or did humans make it?" "Mom, did Allah create this grass or did humans make it?" "Mom, did Allah create baby Aslan and baby Sidana (my other niece) or did their mothers make them?" But with time, she absorbed it well. And she got the habit of telling her mom: "Mommy, I want to talk about Allah before I fall asleep. Thank you Allah for creating my Mom and Dad. Thank you Allah for giving us Miss Nisreen (her KG teacher whom she LOVED so much!)" and some times she would tell him "please Allah I want a sister. Ya Allah give us a baby that will grow up to be a good sister" or "Ya Allah, I want the summer holiday to end quickly, please make us go back to school soon" and then she sleeps...

But honestly, I do not remember at all how my sister started off with her. I can see where they are now, but have no idea how they reached here.

So I asked a question in the blog of the beautiful Australian sister Jamila. And she answered in a post :-)

Please join me in reading along here...

4 comments:

  1. A lovley read on her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, mashaAllah... She is a great blogger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you both for reading, alhamdulillah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, sister :-)
      Jazaki Allah kheir for being online! :-)

      Delete