I expect this blog to be read by sisters only... So if you were a brother: "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah " (Surah: Maryam, Ayah: 18)

Thursday, September 3, 2015

My Simple Parenting Arsenal

I have a favourite corner at home. This last April, in our anniversary, my dear hubby got me the most beautiful present for the anniversary:

A library! :-)

And I filled it in categories:

First shelf is for copies of the Holy Quraan and Hadith books. We still do not have many, but we intend to have, inshaAllah...




Second shelf is for Islamic books, both in Arabic and English...

Third shelf is for social sciences and self development books...



And last shelf is for novels and stories...

Of course, you can see baby Leo's books scattered here and there :-) when we install the firnature of his room inshaAllah, I am intending to have a couple of shelves or a mini-library for him to have his books.
Meanwhile they are residing happily in my library :-)

This is a small portion of my original library(ies!) that I left behind me in my parent's house. But I will start transferring them to my new library slowly.

Now, ofcourse, this whole library, in addition to the whole pile of books back at my parents' house, are going to remain for baby Leo and his future brothers and/or sisters as a heritage. But for now, there are a couple of books that I have bought specially to help me in raising baby Leo...



These are the parenting skills books that I have bought to help me in my quest, in addition to sister Jameela's e-book, you can find it here. I am SOOOO BEHIND when it comes to paper books. Expected, when my hands are occupied with other tasks than holding a book most of the day. But I am now reading my first: Daniel Goleman's Emotional Intelligence. Lets see how much time it will take me to post my review :-)




These are baby Leo's board books. We keep alternating them, but I am concerned that we need to bring more. Soon inshaAllah! :-)



These are the must-read classics that I have bought for baby Leo so that he finds them when he starts reading. I am intending to add Moby Dick, Tom Sawyer and some other books, inshaAllah.

So this is my arsenal that I intend to use in my future challenge, inshaAllah :-)

Tell me what you think!

And if you have suggestions I am more than glad to listen :-)

4 comments:

  1. You've got a great selection there.

    I love Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Effective Families. For baby Leo, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Stephen Covey has a seven habits' family book? Great! That's a must have, I guess...
      I read recommendatins for tge caterpillar and the brown bear books in your blog :-) I looked for them here but could not find them, so probably will order them online...
      Thank you for fhe recommendations, sister :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your library! It's good to enrich a child's environment with books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)
      I grew up around books, and that's how I intend to raise my children!

      Delete