May you all have enjoyed your Eid, inshaAllah.
For me, alhamdulellah for every thing, the first day and a half were so much fun. The second day of Eid, in the afternoon, I was attending a wedding service for my friend at church when my husband texted me asking me to come home as soon as I could since baby Leo woke up and seems that he has a poopy in his diaper. When I arrived home it turned out that baby Leo's poopy was not the point, actually. Baby Leo had a fever! And for that day and the following day, he suffered from diarrhea and fever. The evening of the third day of Eid, alhamdulellah, his temperature went down. But Leo's papa started complaining from his stomach! And by the time baby Leo fell asleep, his papa was pale as a lemon, shivering, with fever, and felt nauseated! He stayed awake all night, and I was beside him taking care of him. Next day in the morning I called my parents and they came to take him to the clinic where he was given FOUR injections! He slept until afternoon, and woke up well, alhamdulelah. But that evening I started to feel nauseated, and by night time I was with a fever! I took some fever medication and stayed on home remedies for nausea and diarrhea, and -thank God- today I feel much better, and I am at office! :-)
So that's why I was away in Eid.
BUT!
The good news is that I have taken pictures for my Eid outfits as I promised Artsy Fartsy! :-D
Before you scroll down, I am SOOOOOOOO SORRY for the bad images quality. They are blurry. I know. But I took them from a distance in order to take the whole scene. But then I discovered I had to zoom. And then when I zoomed the camera became extra sensitive for my hand's movement :-D
So the first one is a loose army green top with what appears as a white shirt under it. But its not :-) They are sewed together. I paired it with a pair of very loose trousers.
The second one is a plain top that I paired with a jersey purple skirt. Every one calls it "The dark blue top". But I keep calling it "the black and purple top", because, although the general appearance of the fabric gives the impression of dark blue, it is made of a black fabric with tiny purple threads incorporated in it.
That's it, for now! Better go complete my tasks :-)
Have a good day all...





Your clothes look great. Is it customary to get new outfits now? Like the " Easter dresses" for Christians?
ReplyDeleteThank you :-) Yes, it is better to wear a new outfit for Eid. But it is not a must. The most important thing is to wear clean and tidy clothes for Eid and be fresh :-)
DeleteGlad your back was wondering where you was!!! Sorry to hear you guys got sick!!! Loving the khaki outfit I LOVE me some khaki,beige,navy,black and white clothes.
ReplyDeleteGood question Kanumommy well I always believed it was customary but I think it translates as "best" so just as long as they are clean tidy and what not but most of us probably opt for new outfits.... mamaofleo is that right?
Thank you, we are much better now... :-) Yes, these colors are great!
DeleteAnd yes you are correct. It is better to wear new stuff. But it is not compulsory. One only have to be clean, tidy and look like his best :-)
Wow! Awesome outfits! I love the layering look of the sleeves on the first one. I love the look of layering but not always all that fabric. I am so sorry to hear you and your family were sick. Alhamdulillah you are all better! You did better than I did for Eid. I couldn't bear the thought of wearing something not totally comfortable as we had a 2 hour (one way) drive in a car without a/c to the mosque. I felt bad not creating something fancier to wear, but fasting hit me hard this year. InshAllah next year...
ReplyDeleteThank you! :-)
DeleteFor some time I was obsessed with layered sleeves... but now I guess that obsession is just fading away... I am bored with layers! Unless the design was really in place, I would prefer a one layer sleeve.
Tell you a secret? I try designed that are as simple as possible in order to be elegant, well dressed, and comfortable at the same time :-) I do opt for comfortability. But I did one mistake: I chose a shoe with platform heels. This kind of shoes puts all of the wight of my body on the tip of my toes. This is the second time I make this BAD decision for Eid!
MashaAllah... You drove 2 hours without a/c to the Masjid? May Allah give you reward with every wheel rotation! :-)
I like the 2nd outfit. It looks elegant, mashaAllah.
ReplyDeleteThank you, sister :-) I really like you being around...
Delete