I expect this blog to be read by sisters only... So if you were a brother: "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah " (Surah: Maryam, Ayah: 18)

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I Need Coffee...

So yesterday I went with baby Leo to his pediatrician. Her main note about baby Leo was that he is a nervous baby. Yup, she said that his nerves are stressed most of the time.

I told her I and his daddy are nervous people, but each on his own way. Papa Lion is a quite person as long as he is not driving. When he is behind the steering wheel, he starts boiling. Now me, I am -usually- a nervous and stressed person, but on the inside. I am usually eating myself up. But the interface is as quite as you might see with a smile. I told her: could he have inherited this from us? And she said no. The problem is not inherited through genes, but it is more of a behavioral problem that he learns from his surrounding environment. And she told me that he -mainly- learns it from me. I was surprised! I told her I never shout or raise my voice or behave angrily! Neither in front of him nor without him around!

Here comes the fun part...

She told me I do not have to do in order to teach him this behavior! When I cuddle him to breastfeed him, he feels the tension in my muscles and nerves. He feels my heart rate if it is higher than normal. He feels my breathing if it is faster than normal. Unconsciously, the negative vibes are transferred to him. He learns, and -even at this very young age- he imitates!




So the thought is, I will try to relax as much as I can. I will try to cool down.

And I will cut down on coffee. Tears. Yes, I have to do. For the sake of my son's well being. I do not want him to grow up with a temper problem. We -in general as Circassians- are very hot-blooded (is that a word?). Alot of us die out of heart attacks or suffer the side effects of a heart attack in case they survived. This is because of our boiling blood. Yes, we are angry people LoL But how did we get here? Ok, yes. I just do not want baby Leo to suffer the side effects of anger. Now I have lost track of my thoughts. I am so sleepy... Oh, yes! I did not have my morning coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment