I expect this blog to be read by sisters only... So if you were a brother: "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah " (Surah: Maryam, Ayah: 18)

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Allowed in my House - Paddington Bear

I have agreed with myself upon something: InshaAllah, I will not allow any cartoon characters to enter baby Leo's life before I review it and approve it.

When I was a child, I was obsessed with Barbie. My parents allowed me to buy one, and I used to take extreme care of her. But when I grew up, and did a search on Barbie's background on the internet, I did not like AT ALL what I found. So decided that if Allah subhaanahu wa taala would give me a girl, I will for sure BAN Barbie in our house, and explain to her to the better of her understanding why Barbie is banned.

Allah subhaanahu wa taala has given me a baby boy. And as some one who grew up around girls ONLY, I have no idea what characters boys would obsess on! So I decided to take my time and start to research different characters and decide on whether or not they will be allowed. The painful thing is, there is a lack of effort to present an Islamic character that is a good model, and is at the same time interesting enough for children. Therefore, I had to look into internationally known characters in order to be able to provide toys, story books, movies or cartoon series, or whatever is there to present these good characters to my little boy.



The first one is Paddington Bear.

I once watched a mini cartoon series of Paddington bear and just loved him. A little bear who traveled all the way to the UK, and whose aunty has attached to his coat a note: please look after this bear.

A polite little bear who is always welling to help, but gets always in trouble when he does. But even though, he never gives up, and is always welling to help again.

My friends, when knew about this, brought baby Leo a Paddington Bear toy that looks just like this one:


Aren't they so cute!

If you know Paddington Bear, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I was very fond of mr paddington bear he's quint essentially british I even had red wellies with him on!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he so cute and polite!
      Another house with Paddington Bear allowed! :-D

      Delete