I expect this blog to be read by sisters only... So if you were a brother: "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah " (Surah: Maryam, Ayah: 18)

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Yummy Dates Cake... A Recipe!

I tasted it on Thursday, it was made by my sister. And it was amazing!

I have been thinking of finding a dates cake recipe but I always keep it as a postponed project. But tasting this one encouraged me to make it, and it was amazing!





Ingredients:

1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 tea spoon of baking powder
A sprint of salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft (at room temperature)
1 cup of brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tea spoons Vanilla extract
250 grams dates (seeds removed)
1 cup of water
1 tea spoon of baking soda

To make it:

In a cooking pot, add the dates, the water cup and the baking soda and bring to a boil. Keep stirring until the dates are soft and the mixture is consistent.
In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer) beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs and the vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Add in the flour, the baking powder and the salt, and beat until the mixture is consistent and smooth.

Spray a baking pan with non-stick baking spray, and pour in the batter. Bake in a pre-heated oven (at 180 C) for half an hour, or until the edges are browned and a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.

Bonn Appetite :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yum I love date cakes. I used to make them when I have leftover dates. But these days we don't have leftovers. The other name for it is Sticky Date Pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummmm...
      Oh! This is also a pudding? I once made a dates pudding but that was with rice... That, too, was very yummy! :-)

      Delete