We have advanced 16 years today through the 21st century.
But today I read a piece of news that just very recently, Saudi courts have acknowledged the right of a wife to obtain a copy of the marriage contract!!!
OH! MY! GOD!
And whenever some one from the west says that Islam (in fact, it is the ignorant Muslims, not Islam) is not just for women, our sheikhs would stand up to say that there are no women in the world as privileged as Muslim women!!!
That is definitely a privilege... not being able to obtain a copy of the document that decides your destiny may be for the rest of your life!...
Ya Rab, forgive us when we say that life in the Muslim world is hell...
SubhanAllah that's amazing news!!!
ReplyDeleteOh what's happening with women being able to vote. It made the news in England a few months ago but I haven't heard anything since.
Even my mum was like WOW that's interesting good for them!!! I was like wow she's excited ahaha!!
A woman being able to vote while she cannot have a copy of her marriage contract?
DeleteOh! Dear! Believe me this is only in order for voting men to ensure that they double the votes they intend to make :-)
Do you think a woman who has been raised to feel as shameful if she even thought of driving a car or asking for a copy of her marriage certificate will be able to make a sound decision regarding her voting preferences? :-)
I doubt...
But do not tell this to you mother looool
DeleteLeave her excitement untouched ;-) do not disappoint her...
Oh subhanAllah so in Saudi is this changing yet?
ReplyDeleteI believe this was on BBC news late last year.
I was bursting to have a fully blown conversation but I thought I don't want to go there i'll just let her ponder!!
I find it odd because the women could ride camels in the times of the Prophet (pbuh) so what difference does a car make?
I shall listen to you and leave her with her positive image for the mean time lol
A car is no different from a camel, believe me...
DeleteThe mindset is different, though. At the times of prophet Salla Allah Aleih wa Sallam the only factor working on people's minds was Islam. Today it is Arab culture. The two are completely different :-)
Ask Theresa Corbin and she will tell you ;-)
Ahhh makes sense CULTURE *rollseyes* tainting the way people practice Islam.
ReplyDeleteTheresa Corbin I hadn't heard of her before reading your post. Will have to do my research!
Here you go, read and enjoy!
Deletehttps://islamwich.com/
Lol. The Arab fellow here thinks it's a shame. Hates what his own ethnic group has done to a religion.
ReplyDeleteLOL
DeleteIt is shameful, actually. They have deformed it.
No pressure...but when are you going to write some more?
ReplyDeleteToday, actually!
DeleteLet me hope that I will have the time to do! :-|
Wow... you see how much free time I have! :-|
Delete